Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting to breaking point...maybe literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to breaking point...maybe literally.

... I am getting to the stage with my Escos that I am just getting sick to the back teeth of the fucking thing .... It has been off the road for nearly 3 years now, and has been specced up to the hilt, there is nothing really left to do to it apart from get it mapped and a few odds and sods, but it seems to be like chasing my tail ... Every time I fix one problem, somthing else seems to crop up.. I still can't get rid of my vibration issue, and it looks like that the fucking burton oil pump is going to have to come out, due to the oil pressure issue that I keep having ...

Even with everything else sorted, the brand new passenger morrette has decided to fill with water like a goldfish bowl, and the fucking indicators have stopped working now, along with the windscreen wipers ... I just can't get my head round the fucking thing, just seems like it is not meant to be ...

I keep looking at 30k of cossies on the drive, and seeing a 911 Turbo sat there that works 24/7, doesn't break and can be chipped to give 500/500 for a pretty cheap and relible supercar package .....

i was thinking the same a while back mate if you remember my post but stand in there i'm sure you'll get it sorted... i have bit the bullet and getting mine all done now cant wait to have it back, just engine, turbo, gearbox back in and mines good to go ..

Comment

water in the headlamps and looking at the cozzeh on your drive tells me Will that your Cozzehs are not garaged,thats your problem matey,mine stays nice and dry inside hence i don't have electrical or damp problems when i do use it.

if yours is garaged and is pissed in the headlamps i ain't got a clue

Comment

The annoying thing is that people let you down ... Been waiting 2 years for a set of boost hoses, which takes the piss to be honest.. Just seems you cannot buy somthing and just fit it to a cossie, everything is just a fuckabout from start to finish ... It SHOULD work, I cant work out how things can break without the car moving?

Comment

Ducati is in the garage, as it likes rain and cold even less than the Escos

Comment

tbh its not surprising that you got leaks and dodgy electrics if left outside,most other 14-20 year old fords that are daily outside will be much the same until one day its over the bridge and its a new washing machine 3 months later.

i guarantee my lights,wipers,horn etc etc would work if i went out now and tried them, i would bet my car on it thats how positive i feel about mine

Comment

Thing is, it hasn't been sat outside, it has been in my mates workshop for pretty much the duration .. It has only sat outside the last two weeks or so since I bought it home, but just have not had chance to work on it due to the shit weather.. Might have to find somewhere to hide the bike for the winter..

The annoying thing is, the day before I was bringing the car home, everything worked, the day I picked it up, the brake lights were stuck on, and the electrical gremlins started!!! How random is that?

Comment

just fix it and stop winging

Comment

Originally posted by j1mbo View Post
                  just fix it and stop winging
                  I only really have my drive to work on, it is a bit easier with a fully equipped workshop and technical team at your disposal

Comment

Originally posted by RWD_cossie_wil View Post
                    I only really have my drive to work on, it is a bit easier with a fully equipped workshop and technical team at your disposal
                    its all the fun and joy of cossie ownership i guess, i dont know yet but im looking forward to it lol, make do with what you have, how hard can a bit of wiring and a few lights be, crack on me old mate

Comment

don't you just hate chirpy happy faced so an so's

Jimbo this is a man at crisis point and your helping

you should be asking for the rear leather trims lol

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
                        don't you just hate chirpy happy faced so an so's

Jimbo this is a man at crisis point and your helping

you should be asking for the rear leather trims lol

Why do the fucking things get a hold of you? I'm sure it will work for about a month eventually, and all the K's and years off the road seem worth it ..

I have however come to the conclusion stg 3 is the Cossies natural state of tune, reliable and fun, every car over that seems to cause problems unless you spend stupid ££ on it...

I suppose I am just as pissed off at the weather as I am at the car , just be nice to catch a break for once ...

And the engine and shell will have to go first

Comment

if you break it i'll have the door cards and rear trims .

sorry Jimbo you snooze you loose lol

Comment

keep going at itdont be mad man its only silly things

Comment

Hi Will
                              You will get there mate & then you have big smile on yer faceGive me a bell & pop ovef for a cuppa
                              Cheers Paul

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X