autosport international 2010 @ NEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autosport international 2010 @ NEC

My little brain got working over time after sorted cossies thread on the classic car show at the NEC, a couple of folks wondered about showing there cars at such an event...... as i said in the thread i went to the autosport internation/pistonheads show back in january, and what a show it was, numerous car clubs, hot models(well mostly) and pretty much every trade stand that us lot could ever want...... so i got on the tinterweb, more precisely www.autosport-international.com and made contact.
    the good news is that our cars qualify as feature cars(bloody bad job if the didnt!) so we would be allowed a space/stand of our own for the four day duration of the show, then came the price, £65.00 a square metre, now i reckon each car would want about 2.5mx4m if you wanted to walk round said vehicle and that tots up to £650.00 per vehicle!! nice!!

So now i need a little feedback, i doubt anyone has that just laying around to show their car so does anyone fancy going there in a "meet" format, does anyone fancy showing their car........ i'm up for it but in 2011 when i,ve slid some cash to one side..
    lets hear your thoughts peopleits on January 14th - 17th 2010(obviously)
    one for the road?? ......
    sigpic

that would be cool, but not sure my car is up to that kind of scrutiny, I can't make this year but will gladly come up the following year and help out

could we all share the cost of the space if we had the numbers and could split everyone into a group on different days

Comment

you mean like have a day or two days each on display so in theory that would be 650 divide by four if you only wanted to on display for a day? i would say it would depend on your location but not out of the question i'd need to ask, good idea though - £162.50 per day!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
        you mean like have a day or two days each on display so in theory that would be 650 divide by four if you only wanted to on display for a day? i would say it would depend on your location but not out of the question i'd need to ask, good idea though - £162.50 per day!!
        exactly that but still

the only reason I can think of them not letting us do it, is getting the cars in and out is it a case of once they're in that's it

as said, I would have thought a lot go from here and we should make it more of a meet up this year

Comment

Im pretty sure these indoor shows wont let you change cars every day on a stand. Normally you have to get the stand ready the day before the show opens, then remove everything on the evening the day the show finishes.
          I had my car at a indoor Gatebil show here in Norway last winter, its a lot of work for not much in return really...

I'm most likely going to Autosport International 2010 for a look though Who else is going?

Comment

yeah, i'm with you on that. just spoke to the wife and shockingly she'd be ok with me splashing out that much to show it(2011 that is)??????? stunned!! it cant be genuine, she must want something...... another child perhaps
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JHS View Post
              Im pretty sure these indoor shows wont let you change cars every day on a stand. Normally you have to get the stand ready the day before the show opens, then remove everything on the evening the day the show finishes.
              I had my car at a indoor Gatebil show here in Norway last winter, its a lot of work for not much in return really...

I'm most likely going to Autosport International 2010 for a look though Who else is going?
              thats what i'm hoping to find out so we can maybe all get together for a jar or two..... what day were you thinking?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixaxles View Post
                thats what i'm hoping to find out so we can maybe all get together for a jar or two..... what day were you thinking?
                I'll be coming over from Norway along with some friends, nothing confirmed yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by JHS View Post
                  I'll be coming over from Norway along with some friends, nothing confirmed yet though.
                  plenty of time yet mate
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X