What ic does everyone use? 350bhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ic does everyone use? 350bhp

soon get the car back from paint and im going to buy a new ic i think, motorsport develpoments say the standard one will be fine for what im after but might buy an alloy one as ive got an alloy rad ect, seen airtek and radtek both bout same price 250-300 then forge chaps at 400 i think,

so who uses what ?

I use Spec R and just tested there new Intercooler works spot on, If they wern't around then it would be AH fab.

Mark

Comment

im running a genuine 500 behr cooler,but would happily use pace or pro alloy too
      sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

cool cheers guys, just noticed this is in the wrong section, lol woops

Comment

its fine mate.the rules are fairly slack here.
          sigpic

guns for show,knives for a pro

Comment

we use alot of pro alloy stuff and no complaint the work is top notch

Comment

got airtec 62mm core rs500 intercooler on mine and very happy with it

Comment

Std upto 400bhp

Dont waste your money its a damn good setup on the Escos std!!
                sigpic
                BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
                INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

Pro Alloy

Comment

Originally posted by Bosch Man View Post
                    Std upto 400bhp

Dont waste your money its a damn good setup on the Escos std!!
                    Yep the big turbo is very good, the ST does need upgrading at 350hp.

Mark

Comment

I had a genuine RS500 i/c on mine but only recently changed to a Pro Alloy item which is a lot deeper as I went for a big boy jobbie

Comment

Ah ok so what is the difference between small turbo and large turbo setup then?
                        sigpic
                        BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
                        INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

The standard LT one is a LOT better if it has the charge-cooling seperated out to a stand alone system. If you have aircon, this is what I would do. If you don't, then an RS500 style one would be better. However, I personally think on a road car, you have wasted your money with an alloy radiator. The Ford one is a fantastic piece of kit and IMO shouldn't be touched until the car is well above 400bhp .
                          Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Bosch Man View Post
                            Ah ok so what is the difference between small turbo and large turbo setup then?
                            The ST does not have the charge-cooler arrangement.
                            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

i run mine std cooler with external pump and cooler @410 bhp
                              works really good,last week i measured 31 degree by 2bar -1,8bar

Comment

Working...
                              X