Who works off shore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who works off shore?

Work is going down hill fast atm, 6 people have been layed off this week, theyve cut my overtime down to zero, and its not getting any better

Ive been trying to get int the offshore industry for ages now but havent really pushed it, but i think i need to now

What im wondering is who works on the riggs or in the turbines and as what? I ideally want to get out there as a fitter/mechanic or a welder if i can.

Ive got nvq qulifications as a plant mechanic and welding, but im not coded. Im currently fixing cranes and have been for the last 6 years since i was 15 so ive got plenty of experience in diesel fitting. But i can weld, use a laythe, milling machine and fabricate pretty much anything.

Just wondering what chances have i got of getting on anything? and who do i need to talk to or email?

Any help will be great

I work as a roughneck, although on the Norwegian sector. My experience is that relevant practice is the most important when applying. Be alert about vacancies, but the industry is a bit on the down side now. But is expected to get better soon. You could try to apply at Songa Offshore. I know they have plenty of UK employees and you get to work on the Norwegian sector. Better rotation and better pay.

Hope this helps some

Comment

gaz why not go on your own ??????????

or try here http://www.mantonhire.com/stock.htm
      fire your cv off as its worth a try. he has some lazy bastards working for him and your a grafter arn't ya mailto: petergrindey@btconnect.com

Comment

Cheers Tore, is that who you work for? That looks the type of career i want to move towards. Also what sort of rota do you work, weeks on off ecs, and if you dont mind me askin whats the pay like as a roughneck? ive been told the easiest way is to start at the bottom and work up, i got told the bottom is a roustabout?

Karl im trying to get out of the plant hire industry. 9 times out of 10 the bosses are complete twats who dont care about the employes, and its not what i want to be doing in say 20 years time its really grim in the winter and theres only a sertain point you can get to money wise. The lad who just left ours did 45k last year, but he worked stupid hours to get it. no weekends no time at home fuck that. What i like about how the offshore jobs seem to work is say 4 weeks on and 2 off, that would give me loads more time at home see mates the mrs ecs and for more money. plus its away from pups so i cant go out and get pissed all the time and wast the money like i would working away from home but on land

Comment

I work for Odfjell. You don't wanna work there 2weeks on 4weeks off is the norm on norwegian sector. typical pay for a roughneck is around £50k. Roustabout a tiny bit less. If you can get some overtime take it. that's where the big bucks are.. Best of luck with it. Remember that if you get a foot inside the trade then it's easier to get the job you actually want.

Comment

English sector is normally 2weeks on 3off i think.. and the pay is not as good I'm afraid..

Comment

I'm hoping to work for PGS when I leave the navy, but they are not recruting at the mo!

Struggling to find 400BHP!
              RSOC Member No 36516
              Andrew "Frank" Spencer

Comment

try here they are looking for people...
                deep water recruitment ...9 Kenmore Rd
                City & p. code: Manchester M45 8ER
                Phone No.: +44 (0) 7595 023 660 ....

there is also jan de nul company....they are well known dregger company...dont know the adress..look at google......hope it helps....

Comment

Thanks for all the help and contacts ill get my cv done this weekend and send it off to them.

2 weeks on 4 off i thought i was going to be the other way around, i wont know what to do with my time off

What sort of stuff do you do as a roughneck then Tore?

And Andrew, who/what is PGS?

Comment

Working...
                  X