Any builders/plumbers around for some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any builders/plumbers around for some advice

I’m busy redecorating my house, and want to chase the central heating radiator pipes into the brick wall.

Is it as easy as; cut a channel in the brick, put the pipe in and skim over? Will the plaster crack when the pipe gets hot, or is there anything I should know before I start?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    John

If it was me i would make quite a deep chase, lag the pipes with harefelt ,use the one with the polythene liner that will protect the pipe from corroding ,if you can get a few clips on before you plaster them in even better ,the harefelt lagging should allow the pipes enough movement without the plaster cracking ..............Good luck........ Rashers
    sigpic

Comment

what size pipes ? 22mm, 15mm or smaller as need to know as to what help i can then give you

Comment

Originally posted by dunccoss View Post
        what size pipes ? 22mm, 15mm or smaller as need to know as to what help i can then give you
        They're all 15mm copper tubing.

Thanks
        John

Comment

Originally posted by rashers View Post
          If it was me i would make quite a deep chase, lag the pipes with harefelt ,use the one with the polythene liner that will protect the pipe from corroding ,if you can get a few clips on before you plaster them in even better ,the harefelt lagging should allow the pipes enough movement without the plaster cracking ..............Good luck........ Rashers
          Errrr what's "harefelt"?

Thanks
          John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP001 View Post
            Errrr what's "harefelt"?

Thanks
            John
            Felt Off Of A Hare of course You Asked for that

Its a thin pipe lagging comes flat on rolls ,looks like matted hair with a thin plastic inner layer we tend to lag pipes with it that are being screeded or plastered over, just allows enough movement of the pipe when it expands and contracts with heat ,and would help to stop the plaster cracking ,
            sigpic

Comment

i would use plastic speedfit mate, no worries about corrosion etc if you do. as for cracking, i doubt youll ever completely stop this, ive seen pipes chased into the walls and lagged, and the plaster still dries out and cracks with time. best to try and dry line your walls, use a good dab of adhesive, this should leave enough space between the back of the boards, and the original brickwork to route a 10mm speedfit down. cheers

Comment

Working...
              X