Decent Rear Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Rear Suspension?

Sorry for all the questions, but as my cars been sitting for a while I keep finding things I need to fix

Where my car has been sat on axle stands for 2+ years the back suspension seems to of dropped. Whats more likely to of given up the shocks or springs? (Im assuming shocks, but its good to ask

If I can get away with just changing the shocks (Currently Koni Adjustables), then all is good. If not then what spring and shock package are good? Im running Bilstein coilovers on the front and I won't be changing them Whats a good shock to get without the springs?

Thanks again

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Im sure l have a set of rear Koni's in the loft you can have for £80

Comment

Subtle sales pitch there , lol

Low Slung Denim.

Comment

Originally posted by Loader View Post
        Subtle sales pitch there , lol

Think you find it called helping someone out

Comment

Cheers Dave, is that shocks and springs?

Comment

Steve dont think l have springs will have a look later

Comment

Cheers mate

JB reckons it's the springs as she's been sat on the back wheels for 2 years and she's fine over bumps, etc just back end sits too low.

Where can I get some springs from? Wanna order today to fit on Thursday

Comment

Springs control the ride height not the shocks so if its on its arse it'll be the springs at fault.

Comment

i have rear only springs from when i did my resto they are 25mm lower ones and i think they are eibach also have the avo adjustable rear shocks awell but i dont have any fronts, i might allso have the standard springs on the top shelf but dont know as thats going back about 9 years

Comment

Turns out it is the springs. Sent her in for MOT today and FAILED as one of the rear springs has snapped

Ive spoke to previous owner of the car and found out they are Ahmed spec springs, so gonna mail Mike R and see if I can source another pair

C7SSE, thats what we thought mate. Proved you and we were right

Dunc, will PM you now about your springs. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X