conservatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conservatory

Well after a nightmare with planning permission, we're about to get ours booked in to be built in the next month or so, just going through the prices we've had.

Has anyone had a conservatory built recently and if so does the following seem about right as this is the best price we've had (size is 3.6 x 3.6m, victorian style):

Base (inc concrete base, screed floor, 2 cavity dwarf walls and 1 full height cavity wall) - £2,600 inc VAT

Conservatory Frame, glass and assembly/fitting - £4,250 inc VAT

Electrics - £120 cash

Skip hire- around £135 cash

then plumbing for heating and decorating/flooring which i'll do myself.

Seem reasonable?

Your getting a good price on your electric's.
    Built by Croft Motorsport

Comment

hard to say really mate, all depends on how deep the foots have to be etc (whats your ground like) any windows doors to be knocked through? is it easy access? sounds silly but if its a nightmare to get around there and all hand dig, the price will allow for this... loads of things to take in mate

Comment

did mine a few yrs back,5mx3.5m and it worked out around £4k all in,that was doing all the work myself,got the actual conservatory from a trade place,it was made to measure,that was with a single door and small windows down one side so we didnt overlook the neighbours
        it never got any real use though and was like a giant fridge in the winter so it was ripped apart and is now a big kitchenlol

Comment

cheers guys, planning permission rules have all changed (anything protruding over 3m from the property has to have permission now) so the footings have to be done to the letter, can't remember the exact depth - the foundations have to be dug out by hand as there is rear access down the side of the house, but it's not wide enough to get a mini jcb down.

Comment

Give Trustyle a call.

They did mine and it is fantastic. They did all the groundwork, electrics, plastering and even the skirting boards!

It was pricey (but it's 10x7m)

Struggling to find 400BHP!
            RSOC Member No 36516
            Andrew "Frank" Spencer

Comment

10 x 7!! wow that a big bugger!

doing the plastering, all decorating, floor etc myself. They a nationwide company?

Comment

if you have a garden path mate with out a right angle you can get a machine down there, 750kg machine will get inside your front door

to be honest mate, you might save some cash by doing it yourself, but it will take longer, the house will be in a bit of a mess while your doing it etc.

If you can afford it and you know a good builder, then go for it mate

Comment

Originally posted by sortedcossie View Post
                  10 x 7!! wow that a big bugger!

doing the plastering, all decorating, floor etc myself. They a nationwide company?
                  It is a utility/conservatory so it's not massive!

Trustyle are from Leicester I think but travelled to my gaff so should have no worries getting to you. They do free quotes to, so worth a look!

Struggling to find 400BHP!
                  RSOC Member No 36516
                  Andrew "Frank" Spencer

Comment

Working...
                  X