Help / Advice on flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help / Advice on flights

maybe not the right place, but I may get some better opinions asking on here than over on the other one!

We are trying to sort out our holiday at the moment, and it is proving to be a nightmare with the international flights. The airline we flew with direct to Bangkok last year dont have any seats on the day we want to come home so it has left me looking at alternative airlines.

Eithad, Emirates and Quantas are on our list, but only Quantas fly direct to Bangkok from Heathrow. the other 2 go Via Dubai or Abu Dahbi (sp)

Now my question.....

Is it a easy procedure to connect in Dubai or Abu Dahbi? never done it before so a bit nervous

Anyone who have gone connected flights like this, let me know your opinions

Thank you

have you tried going thru Dial A flight.

in a long winded manor, a mates father in law owns the company, so it sprang to mind initially, they are normally quite good at helping out with organising of flights etc.

0844 811 4444

Comment

The only thing is we are booking thru a holiday company, tho they do off the above airlines, if that makes sense lol

This whole thing is doing my head in

I'm leaning towards Emirates at the moment as we will get to go on the A380 from Dubai to Bangkok then Dubai to Heatrow

Comment

Just looked at Dial a Flight and they do hotels too, mmm might just phone them tonight

Comment

Dial a flight have stuck with there name as thats what they initially started out purely doing, but they can now cater for everything.
          ill give my sister a quick call and see what she recomends doing as she used to book all of this stuff when she worked for Kuoni.

ill get back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
            Dial a flight have stuck with there name as thats what they initially started out purely doing, but they can now cater for everything.
            ill give my sister a quick call and see what she recomends doing as she used to book all of this stuff when she worked for Kuoni.

ill get back to you

Thank you hun, much apreciated

I was looking at Kuoni, but they dont have any hotels on Koh Phangan

Comment

Kuoni are far from cheap tho, as my sister (Keira) just said, they seem to add up there own prices!!

as far as she can Recall, the only flight companies that fly direct were Quantas, BA and possibly Virgin, other than Thai airlines.
              shes out at the moment so cant dig up phone numbers but shes just said to also try Flight Directors which is who she recently left working for.

unsure if Titan can help, ill ring the old dear now aswell she works there

Comment

http://www.flightdirectors.com/

0870 6080 737

Titan cant help

Comment

Bloody hell, are all your family in the travel business kelv LOL

Will try flight directors

Comment

yep, they are

my ex was also an international flight planner

shame you or dave arnt somehow in the travel industry as you could then go thru a company Called Touchdown Travel, they cater for those in the industry with huge discounts.

put it this way, a few years ago we went to florida business class with Virgin for £319 each return (that was only the flight costs tho)

Comment

PMSL !

I'm jealous! See we really wanted to fly with Thai Airways as they are direct to BKK but they do not have individual tv screens in their economy seats, you have to upgrade to their business class to get that, which is approx 1k each Ouch...

But Emirates is looking good as they flight times fit in with what we have already planned.....

And we get to go on A380

However never dont the whole connecting thing so bit nerous if my bags will end up lost etc etc

Comment

Airbus, whoop whoop, lol

your bags should be ok, but you do hear the odd horror stories dont you

Comment

Yeah thats my fears ! lol

I gather they will chack your bags in from Heathrow right thru to Bangkok, even tho you have a change of aircraft at Dubai ? I think that is my worst fear at the moment LOL

Comment

Got the Emirate flights on hold until Monday

Comment

the whole of the Emirates flight plans are on hold until you book

Comment

Working...
                              X