Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can people help!! starting to worry about ford fair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can people help!! starting to worry about ford fair!

ive just finished fiting a 2wd rear beam to my escos and ive taken it out for a short drive which was all good, but since coming home ive noticed that my rear drivers side wheel seem to be point in wards at the top, its at a fair angle also the passenger side is too but not as bad.

what could cause this? its a completly standard saph beam with koni suspention and R&B motorsport rear shims.

cheers

Comment

excesive camber wise?

what beam have you actually fitted? a standard 2wd beam or a 6 degree adjustable item?

Comment

what springs are you running?
        Andy

Comment

standard saph beam. oh the springs are the same as i was using before on my 4x4 set up! i have no idea what they are! are the 2wd springs different to the 4x4 ones?

Comment

I know you've probably checked but are you sure the beam/arms arn't bent?
            XYZ Fabrications
            Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

they all look ok i cant see any damage or anything...

Comment

drove on the car fine when i had it mate, and never looked excessively cambered than any of the other cossies ive had.

Comment

i was just thinking that after Andy replied.

maybe you should now be using 2wd springs!!?
                  ideal man for that answer could be Dan (Silly Fez)

Comment

Thats the problem with bent arms though, the point of impact is usually the rear wheel so there isn't the usual signs of damage. Have you measured them both as it's unlikely they'll both be bent by the same amount
                    XYZ Fabrications
                    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

have the spring rubbers pushed right up to the chassis each side ok?

Comment

springs are different defo whats the ride hieght now

Comment

If you've swapped just the beam its prob the mounting holes on the inner arm are in a different place. Measure the holes on each beam to see if they are different places.

I had this problem the other day with a brand new 2wd beam that I fitted on my car, the drivers wheel was had more toe and camber than the pass.

How bad is it, can you measure the camber?

you could shim it to correct the camber and then add to the other side to match the track back.

HTH
                          *ORDER ONLINE ON OUR NEW WEBSITE*

www.rapidford.co.uk OR 01582 696 111 (10:00am-10:00pm)

Comment

I'd lay money one of the springs hasn't slide up to the top, get some weight in the back and drive it, should settle... mine did this

Comment

surely my camber on my 2wd beam should be the same as on my old 4x4 beam? i thought the only difference was the diff mount size? dan what have you done with yours now?

Comment

Working...
                              X