No announcement yet.

Wheel spacers the truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably the fucked damper you knew about, but STILL kept driving the car with .

Hub eccentrics for the Fords don't start until 15mm due to the depth of the spiggot ring. You could have 10mm ones made, but you would have to machine the spiggot rings down to accomodate these (or machine the wheels to accept a bigger diameter one, and then you could have what-ever size you wanted .
    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

...yes of course but that would mean as said you'd get vibration and take them off...i have never had the problems
      sigpic
      BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
      INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

...mike a fucked rear damper would have

a: failed the MOT
        b: caused concern on its check over to make sure ok for paul
        c: not caused the front to shake

sigpic
        BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
        INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

Originally posted by Bosch Man View Post
          ...yes of course but that would mean as said you'd get vibration and take them off...i have never had the problems
          What about IF you run over a pot hole and it jares the wheel? what happens IF the wheel moves on the hub? You COULD have the possibility of the the sudden movement shearing the wheel studs. Phil stuff gets designed for a reason mate.

Personnally would only use hubcentric myself.
          xflow way to go!

Comment

...yes and 5mm spacer is safe or they wouldnt be made without a warning...there is enough room to house that spacer and a wheel according to my picture imo and use....anything over then yes hubcentric....if you get wheel vibration thats a different matter altogether it does mean the wheel isnt seated properly but i would say quite rare as i have tried with several different wheels.
            sigpic
            BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
            INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

...mike a fucked rear damper would have

a: failed the MOT
              b: caused concern on its check over to make sure ok for paul
              c: not caused the front to shake

I'm only going by what YOU have told me about the rear damper .

Perhaps the wheels were out of balance or the discs warped from the track use ?
              Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

...yes and 5mm spacer is safe or they wouldnt be made without a warning...there is enough room to house that spacer and a wheel according to my picture imo and use....anything over then yes hubcentric....if you get wheel vibration thats a different matter altogether it does mean the wheel isnt seated properly but i would say quite rare as i have tried with several different wheels.
                You do what YOU want, but as you can see there are plenty of people advising you why it is unwise .
                Mike Rainbird

Comment

....mike wheels were put str8 on the kaliber no wheel wobble be interesting to see if brakes cause wobble then after installation....

..as for spacers i can see why but they are no cause for concern unless you get vibrations
                  sigpic
                  BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
                  INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

Phil, no disrespect here, but everytime you post a question up, or ask advice, you always disagree with the answer you are given, why bother?

Comment

...this was neither a question or advice seeking it was merely FACT
                      sigpic
                      BOSCH PARTS 07759984033
                      INJECTOR CLEANING

Comment

...this was neither a question or advice seeking it was merely FACT
                        Unfortunately the world according to Phil, ISN'T the same as the world according to everyone else .
                        Mike Rainbird

Comment

Phil, you are the reason there is a warning label on everything....as you asshume if theres no label its ok to do whatever you like.

There's normally a sizeable chamfer of the steel spiggot so each wheel and hub would need measuring to make sure it'd run the 5mm spacer ok and still locate properly.

You can't just come out and say everyone whos said about 5mm+ spacers on a cossie is rubbish...its totally wheel dependant & people should make their own measurements and judgements.

Dan

Comment

I bought some Halfords spacers & when I got them home & went to fit them it just shouts at you that its a bad idea.

I bit the bullet in the end & bought some proper Eibach hub centric ones & they may cost more but atleast you know they'll do the job. I've got the confidence to drive the car properly without fear of something happening.

Comment

Originally posted by COZZFATHER View Post
                              spacers that are bolted on to the original studs and then the original bolts go into the spacers .

germans

Where can I get some of these Karl (not 3 inch though! )?

Struggling to find 400BHP!
                              RSOC Member No 36516
                              Andrew "Frank" Spencer

Comment

I had the exact same spacers on my 500 altho only 3mm and it drove perfect and never had any issues what so ever and my bhp is a tad more than phills

I have now bought wider wheels so dont need them but would refit them if i had to without a second thought

Comment

Working...
                                X