Off boost injecter cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off boost injecter cooling

Who knows about this I'm curious as to what this is all about and the effect this has on car hazy mist on off throttle on high boost setting then clears straight away maybe

My opinion has always been the cooler option is to add no fuel, so there is no combustion in the cylinder and just pump fresh air through it,
    Ive never understood how pumping fuel in and setting fire to it can be cooling
    Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

www.shop.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James @ Auto Dynamix View Post
      My opinion has always been the cooler option is to add no fuel, so there is no combustion in the cylinder and just pump fresh air through it,
      Ive never understood how pumping fuel in and setting fire to it can be cooling
      Latent heat of vaporization.
      When the fuel mist turns into vapour it requires energy in the form of heat, which it gets from the intake charge air temperature and the heat within the cylinder. This produces a rapid cooling effect.
      Your fridge and aircon work in the same way, a liquid is vaporized, draws heat from the surrounding area and becomes a gas, using large amounts of energy/heat as it does so.n Hence producing a temperature differential.
      sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
      www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

and wasting fuel and poisoning the cats
        Regards James.

www.autodynamix.co.uk

www.shop.autodynamix.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James @ Auto Dynamix View Post
          and wasting fuel and poisoning the cats
          Water and methanol injection work better. See it used on a few cars and works really well if you can get a big enough intercooler fitted, like a 911 vw campervan
          sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
          www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X