Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motocross/ bikers, caliper seal question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motocross/ bikers, caliper seal question.

Evening guys.
    Looking to take my mx bike out soon but noticed brake fluid on the front brake rota.
    I've taken the caliper off the forks and noticed the pads are contaminated with fluid and very worn.
    The pistons were a long way out as were the piston seals.
    I've pushed the pistons back which pushed the seals back in also but noticed when I pull the brake leaver to test the seals move out with the pistons.
    Is this normal or should the seals stay in the caliper? And I take it this is where the fluid would be coming from as it looks that way!.
    Cheers for any help

The seals should stay in place. The dealers should do a brake rebuild kit with seals and Pistons

D

Comment

Thanks mate!
      Wonder why the seals are not staying in the caliper?

Comment

With mine it was lack of use, a damp garage and the exposed pistons had rusted and damaged the seals. I hadn't properly washed the brakes from the last time out so all the crud didn't help either

D

Comment

Me being stupid it was not a seal the pistons are black so that's what was showing.
          But now as I have stroked the pistons back and forth I have picked up the seal so need to change them anyway! Doh!

Comment

Working...
          X