Which spark plugs please guys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which spark plugs please guys..

I just removed one of my plugs as was unsure what was in the car. They are champion QC57C

I am going to replace them, is it best to stick to the same plug or is there a better one that people recommend?

The car is approx 500hp on T4, 8 greens

Many thanks,
    sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

motorcraft 071...
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Originally posted by jaiscossie View Post
      I just removed one of my plugs as was unsure what was in the car. They are champion QC57C

I am going to replace them, is it best to stick to the same plug or is there a better one that people recommend?

The car is approx 500hp on T4, 8 greens

Many thanks,
      Go with what your tuner says, But those are crap.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
        Go with what your tuner says, But those are crap.

Mark
        I don't have a tuner as only just got the car if the car was mapped on the champions does it matter if they are changed? What would you suggest mark?
        sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Mark asks us to use denso ik27s they're not cheap but a good plug..... You have to get them warm tho if you stop start it you eventually kill them as I found out

Comment

Originally posted by Adamski View Post
            Mark asks us to use denso ik27s they're not cheap but a good plug..... You have to get them warm tho if you stop start it you eventually kill them as I found out
            I had a bad experience with these a few years ago when a tip broke off one and although it's easy to blame the plug it has scarred me for life
            sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

Motorcraft 071, works well

Comment

Originally posted by jaiscossie View Post
                I had a bad experience with these a few years ago when a tip broke off one and although it's easy to blame the plug it has scarred me for life
                It wouldn't have been the plug, I would recommend the Denso IK27 and get your car checked/set up with them in to make sure all is good,
                Cold plugs and keep starting cars will kill them you need to warn the plug if you keep shunting the car around the garage.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                  motorcraft 071...
                  Originally posted by mark shead View Post
                  It wouldn't have been the plug, I would recommend the Denso IK27 and get your car checked/set up with them in to make sure all is good,
                  Cold plugs and keep starting cars will kill them you need to warn the plug if you keep shunting the car around the garage.

Mark
                  Ok thanks mark, hopefully the car will idle better on some new plugs
                  sigpic

Thanks, Jamie

Comment

I ran 071's problem free

Comment

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                      I ran 071's problem free
                      I banged some of them in couple of. Weeks ago to keep me going until mark mot's services and tunes mine however the car wouldn't even start on the brand new set I bought I gapped them and everything! Slapped the densos in fired first turn!

So anyone want some 071's?

Comment

Originally posted by Adamski View Post
                        I banged some of them in couple of. Weeks ago to keep me going until mark mot's services and tunes mine however the car wouldn't even start on the brand new set I bought I gapped them and everything! Slapped the densos in fired first turn!

So anyone want some 071's?
                        are you using coil on plug or coilpack?

Comment

4 individual coils Jim, saw your lanky ass on Sunday was gonna say hi but your were cuddling another male at the time...

Comment

always cuddling bro, should have come joined in

your car wouldnt start on 071s because i beleive your coils would require a non resisted or resisted plug (cant remember which way round) to suit

Comment

Originally posted by SCS j1mbo View Post
                              always cuddling bro, should have come joined in

your car wouldnt start on 071s because i beleive your coils would require a non resisted or resisted plug (cant remember which way round) to suit
                              That's too technical for me in chippy language basically they're shit .... What I got from that was you want a cuddle too next time....

Comment

Working...
                              X