Gave the old workhorse a good clean up today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave the old workhorse a good clean up today

Not bad for 135k miles I reckon. 118k of that I've done myself and owned it for over 6 years now. Even took some Gliptone to the seats so it smells like a sofa shop now.

Cheers
    Trev.

looks tidy for a old workhorse
    sigpic

Comment

Looks well, I too had a day car cleaning, mainly the underside of mine though.

Carl

Comment

Yes, just the day for it wasn't it.

It's always been looked after. The original owner treated it like a baby for it's first 17k miles, then I bought it off him. I use it all the time but it always gets anything it needs because it has to be reliable. Longest I've ever owned a car.
        Cheers
        Trev.

Comment

Being in my trade the only car of mine that does any mileage is my recovery truck but that's kept clean and service regular, don't want a recovery truck breaking down, not good for business..

Personal cars of mine barely do 1000 miles a year.

Carl

Comment

Any probs with this car trev? I hear injectors and EGR valves are hassle on these? I hear most blank THIER EGR valves.
            Was going to buy a late one for a smoker

Comment

Originally posted by robski View Post
              Any probs with this car trev? I hear injectors and EGR valves are hassle on these? I hear most blank THIER EGR valves.
              Was going to buy a late one for a smoker
              The TDCI engines are very prone to injector and pump failures. I think because nearly everything mine does is motorway miles it always gets a good blowout rather than just trolling around stopping and starting. I'm actually putting injector cleaner in mine every so often now too. People do blank the EGR valves but I haven't on mine.

In fact I bought a 130tdci that's been sat in my garden for months now that I think's got a failure in either the pump or injectors etc. They're not easy to diagnose and it's not showing any fault codes, but now the weathers getting nicer I should be able to get on and have a look at it soon. Although I might find working on the Cossie gets my interest more so it gets put on the back burner! I only really bought it because it's very low miles for it's age (74k on a 55 plate), only had a couple of owners, and apart from the fact it doesn't run at the moment it's a really clean one and got lots of good bits, 6 speed box, cruise etc.

if you look on E-BAY at spares or repair Mondeos it's more often than not because of pump or injector failure, it's very common.
              Cheers
              Trev.

Comment

looks nice pal

Comment

Thanks mate, yes, I've always liked it, it's come up a treat with a good wash.

Did you notice I've got one of those Cosworth cam cover air fresheners too, actually you can't see it very well but it's hanging from the mirror. I think they were 3 for £4.99 and the smell is actually quite nice. Got them in all my cars.
                  Cheers
                  Trev.

Comment

Working...
                  X