X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil coolers

Right then when do we need to put one on ie what power
    sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

How hot does your car get when it's parked up being polished

Mr Rainbird doesnt use one, irc he reckons oil/water modine is equivalent of 13 row cooler. I'm sure with your SpecR rad and inter cooler package will be running our engine as cool as possible.

Comment

I got one on ele i would say unless its tracked i wouldnt bother unless big power u be ok with girls power dave lol
      sigpic
      Mapped by MAD 732.4 bhp 570 lbs torque
      Swindon RSOC Chairman/RS Combe organiser

Comment

Look at what oil temp you're reaching rather than what power you've got If you fit a air-air oil cooler make sure you fit a sandwich plate with thermostat.

If you have a look at the R&B Motorsport website I'm pretty sure Mike has uploaded the technical articles from Fast Ford, should be one about cooling there too

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post

Mr Rainbird doesnt use one, irc he reckons oil/water modine is equivalent of 13 row cooler. I'm sure with your SpecR rad and inter cooler package will be running our engine as cool as possible.
          Thanks for that
          sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Id put a laminova on it, far better all round

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post

Yes I do - see my resto thread .

You use one when the oil temps regularly go above 115°C.

Mine is thermostatically controlled and runs in conjunction with the OE item. It now never goes above 120°C, even in 30°C ambients. Without it, I would very occasionally see near 130°C (but only on track in 30°C ambients), which is at the point where this kind of temp kills the oil (reduces it's ability to resist shearing), but if I ever see such temps, the oil gets change immediately after.

If you're not seeing these kind of temps, then it is a waste of money, as you can run the oil too cool, which means it doesn't get hot enough to evaporate away any of the impurities that build up, so you WANT it to see 100°C as regularly as possible (which is why all modern cars run the oil at this temp).
              Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Working...
              X