Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp guage going into the red as soon as I start it up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp guage going into the red as soon as I start it up!!!

Does anyone know what can be causing this. Went out to car this morning, started it and the temp guage just shot right up past the red line. Used the car las night and it was fine.

have you got snow or cold weather where you are? if so might be iced up?

Comment

Originally posted by mboon View Post
      No its quite warm up here and its been garaged.

Comment

Shush you!

Try wiggling the wire attached to the water temp sensor mate, mine did the same!
        sigpic

Comment

o right, its snowing here again lol.
          you got coolent? have you recently changed the rad etc? not burst a hose? split or leaking? thermostate might be up the duff, does the fans kick in straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
            Shush you!

Try wiggling the wire attached to the water temp sensor mate, mine did the same!
            OK fine, i will put my tongue back in my mouth, grab my crayons and leave you too it

Comment

o right, its snowing here again lol.
              you got coolent? have you recently changed the rad etc? not burst a hose? split or leaking? thermostate might be up the duff, does the fans kick in straight away?
              Coolant is ok, not changed the rad and there are no leaks, had it up on a ramp last night, when my mate was changing the brakes and i had a look then, no the fan doesnt kick in straight away. Where can I find those wires Franco?

Comment

OK fine, i will put my tongue back in my mouth, grab my crayons and leave you too it
                We use felt tips over here!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s7evo View Post
                  Coolant is ok, not changed the rad and there are no leaks, had it up on a ramp last night, when my mate was changing the brakes and i had a look then, no the fan doesnt kick in straight away. Where can I find those wires Franco?
                  under the Inlet plenun on the side of the head (back section) on a BT.

I took mine off, cut It and added a bullet connector big enough to slide over the temp pin.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers Franco ill try that

Comment

There will be a break in the wire and it is going open circuit and off the scale?
                      Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
                        There will be a break in the wire and it is going open circuit and off the scale?

Stay off the J2o's Mike!
                        sigpic

Comment

I started to reply, got called out to the workshop and then when I did, you had already posted .
                          Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

or the temp sensot is just faulty the one on the mk3 done this a few weeks back, just fit a new one and check the wire/plug
                            sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                              We use felt tips over here!

Comment

Working...
                              X