Garage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage lighting

Has anyone any advice on lighting for my garage? its a new build and had thought of led's but are these as good as fluorescent tubes, the garage is 7.2m x 7.2m interaly,

any advice appreciated

whats the height from floor to ceiling mate?

Comment

2.5...i think, no more than 2.6m

Comment

I use florescent lighting, and lots of it.
        you can choose the type of light you want.
        get the actual lights with reflectors behind like the paint booths use, some on the side walls, its a very unforgiving light, great for detailing, painting etc.

LEDs will be too directional for a garage space, you'd need loads, will cost a small fortune and still won't fill a room with light like a florescent will.

Comment

Yes, exactly as post as above mate. Your most economically viable option. I would have recommended LED panels but ceiling maybe too high for that

Comment

Ok thanks for your advise guys, its the next stage

Comment

Florescent strip lights but ask for day light tubes , these are the brightest you'll get & are the same as used in spray booths/low bakes

Comment

Originally posted by BUSYBOY View Post
                Florescent strip lights but ask for day light tubes , these are the brightest you'll get & are the same as used in spray booths/low bakes

Perfect, thanks bud

Comment

How many do you think I'd need in that area, 6?

Comment

If it were me, id go 7 on the ceiling, 3 through the centre, 2 at front, 2 at rear, depending on what length you go for, maybe 2 on each side wall as well.

I run 7 in an area around half the size you have. get them set up to Work on a two or three way switch so you can isolate each area.

Comment

TOP TIP !!!

It will be better to paint all the walls and ceiling white.

Comment

Originally posted by PABRST View Post
                        TOP TIP !!!

It will be better to paint all the walls and ceiling white.
                        Yeah that was my plan, walls are getting insulated with 50mm ins the plaster boarded then all white, nice contrast on my focus

Comment

Working...
                        X