Tuning/Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning/Mapping

I need my car setting up and a couple of things looking at. It's a small turbo but has too much lag. It's like driving my old 3 door!
    Who the best to do the job. I'm not travelling all over the country to do it though. Midlands area is good or north or south within reason.

Will Pedley Racing I would use.

But there is many, Turbosystems, NMS, SCS, Mark Shead.
    sigpic

www.impactsignsanddesigns.co.uk

info@impactsignsanddesigns.co.uk

Comment

If it's a small turbo with "lag", then it more than likely has a massive boost leak - check all the hoses.....
      Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Mike,
        you saying that, when accelerating hard it sounds like it's sucking like the worst prostitute in the world!!! Could that be the problem you are describing?
        Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DMB Graphics View Post
          Mike,
          you saying that, when accelerating hard it sounds like it's sucking like the worst prostitute in the world!!! Could that be the problem you are describing?
          Cheers
          Dave
          Definitely a boost leak then fella
          sigpic
          MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

has it got a dump valve ? if so check the diaphram - and what mike says boost hoses or intercooler for a split i would check all the basics before going out your way to take it somewhere for them to point it out straight away, also whats the boost gauge doing - reading ? what spec is it ? it will gove us a idea of what its not doing boost wise

Comment

It should be making full boost at around 2600 rpm - if it isn't, something is wrong. Has it got the standard airbox or a big cone filter?
              Mike Rainbird

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

It hasn't got a dump valve as I had it taken off, but it still sound like it's got one! The boost gauge works but to be honest I don't know what it should be reading?
                Full boost don't happen till around 4,500rpm. Air Filter is a cone filter.
                The car is P88COS, John Millington's old car and also Mark Barber was supposed to have looked after this car?

Comment

a small turbo car should be boosting in more than half that , under the turbo intake pipe that the air filter goes on there is a standard dump valve that bolts to the turbo make sure the bolts havent fallen out or just make sure its sealed properly , then most the boost hose leaks burst around the jubilee clips run your hand around them all as you will feel a rip if its that bad the air leak should be fairly easy to spot , also make sure the actuator rod hasnt popped off or stuck open a bit

Comment

Carlo, I did my City and Guilds in Mechanics in 1986 when cars were easy to work on. Plugs, dizzy, points etc.... I haven't got a clue with these although I could do it if i really wanted to try! I'd rather pay someone to do it properly.

Comment

Fair enough mate it sounds like something very silly tho

Comment

I'll have a look later and see if I can find it?

Comment

Cool keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by DMB Graphics View Post
                            It hasn't got a dump valve as I had it taken off, but it still sound like it's got one! The boost gauge works but to be honest I don't know what it should be reading?
                            Full boost don't happen till around 4,500rpm. Air Filter is a cone filter.
                            The car is P88COS, John Millington's old car and also Mark Barber was supposed to have looked after this car?
                            They all make that loud sucking noise with a cone filter , but it may be masking the noise of any air leaks. 1.2 bar over boost, but if it has a leak, the turbo will be over-speeding like mad and it WILL eventually shit itself if left like this......

An ST will also start to tail off at 5500rpm.

Where are you based (for ease of pointing you towards someone that can set it up for you)?
                            Mike Rainbird

Comment

Mike, i'm based down by Monmouth South Wales or on the Gloucestershire border.

Comment

Working...
                              X