Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear screen

Removed the rear screen on the escos to respray the car
    Is it an easy job to put back in ( bonded )
    What sealant to use tc.
    or am I better off getting a professional in

SIKA windshield glue and the CORRECT sika primer(normaly a clear liquid for the windshield and a black for car, this is inportant where you have cut in paint for rustprotection, if you havent cut in paint anywhere you can use the clear liquid on both).
    offcourse it other makes to, but I got the best expirience with sika...

step 1: open doorwindows!!!
    step 1: claen of the old glue, just sharp blade one cut. do not cut so it is allot of smal flips hanging of glue.
    step 2: wash with siliconremover or a good glasscleanspary, wipe it dry.
    step 3: put on the primer only on black strip on window, and only were its hidden under window/gasket(max aprox 20-30min before glue, if longer put on a new primer on both surfaces)
    step4: glue, when puting on glue its inportant to get a even strip all the way, start and finnish at the lower part of window(so minimum chance of leaking if not 100%) and it is a triangular gluestrip you should get, this is made from the gluepatron end?(dont know what it is on english, but the thing you srew on the end of patron) when laying glue its inportant to hold it horisontal to the window so the glue get a even shape and not blowing out around the end so you get lumps in the triangular. (use a flat screwdriver or similar to lay the glue were it meets from start to finish)
    step 5: put in window(the window must be put in straight away.. max 10-15min after starting to put on glue)
    step 6: light push the window down in possision so it lays were it should be, if to light you may not get it to hang all the way around, to hard you may get a suprise when driving the car and the window "explodes" this happens because the window get tension since it has to little glue to "flex" enough when body moving...
    Step 7: dont slam doors because then you can get airbubles in glue and risk of leaking
    step 8: let it stand still for an hour before moving/driving, wash and go...

hope it is some help, and sorry for bad english...

but if you are unsure get a pro to do it...
    www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

I'm having mine done mate and my advice is to get a pro to do it. They do it all the time, so no biggy for them. It'll eworth it in the long term.

Scouse.

Comment

This sounds dead iffy
        I just thought being as its the rear glass and there is a seal inside and out and bonded
        In the middle I thought I would get away with tiger seal

Comment

I don't think it's as important as the front screen, but I'd rather it was bonded in properly. Don't want it falling out when you're giving it some! lol And the inner seal is NLA. I bought an outer one a couple of months ago and not sure if there's any left

Scouse.

Comment

its not seals on them... only to hide edges... the glue is the seal and bond... and it is inportant still, even its a rear window.

Comment

shame you wernt closer we could of fitted it for you
              sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

Comment

So do you reckon tiger seal will do the job
                Or Can I get some stuff from any motor factors

Comment

idont know what tiger seal is, but you need a WINDSHIELD glue... can get it from many places, Sika, Wurth have several(the steeltube with star in bottom is Sika made) kent screenfix is another+++

why risk problems when it is a "easy" job, and not a produckt that is hard to get...

Comment

Originally posted by twin turbo View Post
                    its not seals on them... only to hide edges... the glue is the seal and bond... and it is inportant still, even its a rear window.

I know they do, but when I removed the ones from the hatch I bought off Dave4x4 they had perished through water ingress. I went to Fords and the inner one is NLA. Luckily my own one was still ok.

Scouse.

Comment

there are 2 diff outer rear seals,1 is for a new screen complete [it wraps round the edges of the glass] and the other is if you are just renewing the seal and leaving the screen in place [its a diff shape and just pushes in around the screen

Comment

And the one that fits around the screen is NLA too.

Scouse.

Comment

Not looking good
                          I think I'll have an expert have a crack

Comment

Working...
                          X