Does this sort of thing bug you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sort of thing bug you?

Hi folks, just wondered if this sort of thing bugs other people as much as me, or is it just me?

This car has obviously had loads of money and time spent on it, and looks fantastic. The only thing that bugs me is that its got a set of Mk4 Recaros and Mk4 clocks in it, even if it had Mk3 XR3i clocks and a mint set of Series 1 Turbo seats I think it would be better. Obviously the Series 1 Turbo seats were later than this year but I never liked the early XR3 seats, the lighter later ones were much nicer I thought. But I just feel like with the amount of time it's had spent on it just going that extra mile to get everything right would just make it that bit more special. Or is it just me?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/show-condi...#ht_294wt_1129
    Cheers
    Trev.

its a mk.4 dash too.

easily put right though.

Dave.

Comment

it would me mate but how many so called petrol heads out there will notice till someone points it out that its mk4 but handy if uve got a set locked away to swap over or a rotten car with good parts to swap over
      http://www.impactsignsanddesigns.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TREVCOS View Post
        Hi folks, just wondered if this sort of thing bugs other people as much as me, or is it just me?

This car has obviously had loads of money and time spent on it, and looks fantastic. The only thing that bugs me is that its got a set of Mk4 Recaros and Mk4 clocks in it, even if it had Mk3 XR3i clocks and a mint set of Series 1 Turbo seats I think it would be better. Obviously the Series 1 Turbo seats were later than this year but I never liked the early XR3 seats, the lighter later ones were much nicer I thought. But I just feel like with the amount of time it's had spent on it just going that extra mile to get everything right would just make it that bit more special. Or is it just me?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/show-condi...#ht_294wt_1129

I know where your coming from Trev, but just let it go fella

Comment

Not as much as fit girls wearing maxi dresses! You carnt see shit!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
            I know where your coming from Trev, but just let it go fella
            Cheers
            Trev.

Comment

it depends on what you want the car to be, yes its been restored to a concourse standard minus the later bits but that may have been his outset from the beginning?

imo theres alot worse you could do to a classic, at least these issues are easy to resolve and the car has been well looked after

Comment

Maybe it is just the way the person owned it liked it We all like different stuff.

Comment

each to their own i guess, that looks pretty much like a full series 2 trim...

Comment

Working...
                  X