Real strange Internet phenomenon....please try to duplicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real strange Internet phenomenon....please try to duplicate

OK its a bit weird but can some of you try an experiment.
    I freaked out the tech guy at PC world and he couldn't come up with an answer.

This is what I found.

With your computer connected with the Ethernet cable, ie not running wireless, use an old fashioned radio.
    I listen to Radio 2 on a battery radio about 6 feet from my computer.

I have noticed my radio will tune into , with full red signal indicator, a transmission of high pitch which pulses. Its being transmitted on the full FM bandwidth and its comming from my computer. Its even better the higher up you go near 107 . the signal isn't strong enough to cover over full signal strenght programs like radio 2 or 4 but you have to be spot on the tune or all you get is this weird signal.

It stops when I pull out the Ethernet cable.
    now this is not interference from my radio, its an FM signal which is being transmitted by my computer only when the cable is connected. if I run wireless theres no FM transmit ion at all. ( also can be heard on MW but sound different)

I though it was my router, but I got the tech at pC world to tune an older radio into the signal which was very weak but also coming from another persons PC on their desk

Now I dont know about you , but I'm not to happy to be sitting next to my pc which is transmitting a signal strong enough to give a full signal indicator on my radio. I'm not too sure what the hell its transmitting either

I would suggest a PC sould not be amplifying a signa;l comming from the ethernet and transmitting it out on FM
    so can anyone else duplicate this

PS I have a recording of it but its a Nokia Multimedia Player file (.amr) and wont up load to this site .
    Last edited by Sunnysidebb; 18-01-2013, 14:50:47.
    sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
    www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

You really need to get out more Frank
    XYZ Fabrications
    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      You really need to get out more Frank
      My job in the Royal Navy was comms links to the Polaris missile's and comms links to and from the Submarine to shore. I dont like spurious FM signal that have a consistent pulse to them No RF transmissions are good for you long term, I wish I had the analysis equipment I used to have I could have broken down the signal and had a good look at what it was all about.
      anyway, have you tried to see if you have the same......if you think on it, its not funny. The tech guy deleted his copy of the signal he made and said it was to freaky for hi, to get involved with.
      I just want to know if I have a problem with my computer, but I suspect it does it with others as well

RF transmissions are associated with headaches, depression, damage to the brain and nervous system. It must be like sitting with your mobile phone transmitting all day in you pocket......cant be good.
      sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnysidebb View Post
        My job in the Royal Navy was comms links to the Polaris missile's and comms links to and from the Submarine to shore. I dont like spurious FM signal that have a consistent pulse to them No RF transmissions are good for you long term, I wish I had the analysis equipment I used to have I could have broken down the signal and had a good look at what it was all about.
        anyway, have you tried to see if you have the same......if you think on it, its not funny. The tech guy deleted his copy of the signal he made and said it was to freaky for hi, to get involved with.
        I just want to know if I have a problem with my computer, but I suspect it does it with others as well

RF transmissions are associated with headaches, depression, damage to the brain and nervous system. It must be like sitting with your mobile phone transmitting all day in you pocket......cant be good.

TBH mate I've got more important things to worry about that spurious FM signals bouncing round my brain

I did enough disco biscuits in my youth for any sort of brain damage to not really be a consideration anymore
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

What about Radio one?

www.carpartsexpress.co.uk

Comment

TBH mate I've got more important things to worry about that spurious FM signals bouncing round my brain

I did enough disco biscuits in my youth for any sort of brain damage to not really be a consideration anymore

lol.
            sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Carparts Express View Post
              What about Radio one?
              The whole FM waveband which takes alot of power to do that.
              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

I was hoping some one would just check it for me, dont cost anything and would mean my pC could have a fault and wont be helping my health.

Please this post is to help me its no joke so please try not take the piss too much as I want to get to the bottom of this.

It seems strange that my phrenic nerve has been permanently paralyzed leaving me with one lung and a bad heart with no know reason so I am quite concerned
                sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant....everybody loves a disco biscuit!! Lol

Comment

Frank,
                    Simple - THEY're watching you . "THEY" = covert military - to make sure you don't give away any submarine secrets .
                    Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Wtf

As said, million and one things in a day can cause you harm so I wouldn't worry about a dodgy noise on you radio/computer/cables!

sigpic

Comment

Tried i've just it done and radio noise makes same computer above as, like says frank good can't be brain for.

Follow us on Facebook

Tweet us on Twitter

Comment

I don't have an old fashioned radio

Comment

This could be a case for mulder and scully. The truth is out there, you just have to know where to look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by D J View Post
                              This could be a case for mulder and scully. The truth is out there, you just have to know where to look for it.
                              Thats the last thing I need
                              sigpic

www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X