work problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work problem

i work for a large motor company as a mechanic and mot tester. my mot licence runs out in the next few days and i dont want to renew it ive done it for 10 years and fed up with it.
    here is the problem my work are now threatening me with HR and cutting my wages and pretty much told me your one step towards the exit door. its not in my contract to do mots and acording to my work an mot tester is not a reason for pay rises.

anyone no where i would stand if they did this to me.

thanks scott

Hi Scott, its all down to whats written in your contract of employment, thats what a tribunal will look at first. Have a good read through it and then go onto the ACAS web site as they offer lots of free advice for employee's. cheers Andrew.
    sigpic

Comment

leave the twats, you might be able to take them for constructive dissmisal, get some advice 1st. i woudnt work for an outfit like that mate.

Comment

Get them to re-qualify you then you can leave when you want and at least have some adquals to work in another garage somewhere else if you want.
        sigpic

Sunnyside B&B and camper restorations
        www.sunnysidebb.co.uk

Comment

It`s alot of work for you over here

Comment

if youve got another job to go to fair enough,..give them the big fat finger..... if not try & sort it out as the bills keep coming weather your working or not..
            sigpic

Comment

Without wanting to sound too negative, I own a garage and if one of my mechanics/testers suddenly decided they didn't want to test again, I'd be pretty pissed off too. It's a bit like saying you don't want to do what you are paid for. I personally think you need to find yourself a new job. Sorry if this wasn't the support you are after, but it's just my opinion, as an employer as oposed to an employee. Good luck with whatever you do.

Comment

Working...
              X