Mugged today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugged today

I was mugged today, by public transport.

The company I work for has a studio in Reading. I normally drive down from the Midlands, 120 miles takes about 2 hours depending on traffic. Its a bit of a shit journey though and getting in and out of Reading can be a nightmare, so of late i've been getting the train down when I'm only down for one day - like today.

Problem was that today I needed to be there for 10am, so their usual price of £105 return ticket went up a bit...

to £205 return and to top it off, after getting a connection to my local station from centre of Birmingham, it takes over 3 hours

And they are trying to get folk to commute on public transport? Fat chance at those prices.

That IS a lot of money... I thought our trains were the most expensive but UK ones are getting close. :-/ As you say... they then try to get people to commune on public transportation...
    www.acquarossa.com - Radical SR3 rental
    www.RS200.org Admin

Comment

Mate you didn't get mugged you got raped.
      sigpic

Comment

makes you want to use a car all the time.

Dave.

Comment

Fook me

For £205 i could have left weymouth drove up to pick you up then down to drop you off, Then take you home and myself back to weymouth,

Google maps say it will cost £105.24p in fuel

Don't know if the link will work but here it is http://maps.google.co.uk/

Comment

I can do the journey easily on £45 of fuel, disgraceful pricing isn't it.

I could have flown to most places in Europe and back for that price.

Comment

In the cossie, even with my current shit MPG i could drive to reading and back from stoke and pay parking for about £100.

driving something sensible and it would be half that.

No wonder no one wants to use public transport.

Medically Discharged!! Officially insane!!!
              My toy!! Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Comment

I was going to pick up my new car on friday by train and drive it back but it worked out the same for somebody to just transport it while i sit on my RS

Comment

its always much much cheeper to book train tickets for a few days in advance,if i needed to get to somewhere tommorow by train and booked now its usually double the price !!!!!! can also be much cheeper to do the same journey in seperate stage tickets and not just from here to there tickets,don't ask me how that works

Comment

Yeah it cheaper to book 7 days in advance, but its impossible to plan that far in front for business use - I only knew I had to go down there on Monday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X