Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9" wheels with Koni's....

Is it possible?

I'm curious, has anyone got 9x18's, et20, 245/35's and running Koni's?
    Do they fit ok atall?

Just assisted a mate to try and fit his and they just make contact with the base of his shocks, worrying thing is that the wheel nuts were lucky to even get 4 turns on them.
    I took the disc off to measure the bell thickness as it looks a bit big to me and it came up at 12.98mm (hence me asking if they are normally 10mm).

If the bells were the correct 10mm thickness then the wheels will only be pulled in even further, therfor making even firmer contact with the base of the shock
    Bell thickness would explain why the wheels nuts only get 4 turns.

I personally dot recall anyone running 9" wheels in that size combination without running coilovers!

Anyone able to say any different?

Cheers

they will catch, this on the front i take it and 6 turns on wheel nuts is what u want atleast
    sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

Comment

I alway thought it was 7 turns, but 6 would be great compared to the 4!

Cheers Mark

Comment

If he wants some 8" fronts I will swap him for his 9's

Comment

Oh and running big brakes on a cossie needs long studs in my opinion , lots of people driving around with 4-5 threads holding wheels on

Comment

You havent got rotas though have you Will.

And it's 4x4 so I'd rather they be all the same size all round so no diff profile tyres etc.

Think your right though longer wheels studs it is!!

Random question aswell.

Are you Will as in James's older brother will?

Comment

This one hasnt got coilovers, but it has a small spacer (5mm?) and cut spring platform. I can measure the bells and spacer when I get home tonight

Comment

It's good that the bells are that much thicker, as it means that you should be able to get away with modifying the spring cup and not need spacers . You definitely need some longer wheel studs and then cut them down to the correct length (or purchase a set of the light-weight open ended nuts like on my car ).
                Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Ok mike longer wheels studs. I think.
                  The spring cup has been modded already to fit the composite guess. Trim them back a bit further should be ok

Comment

Or buy some decent coilovers, lol.

Will, Tom has a set of 8x18's and 9x18's, we are trying to get the 9's on.

Jan H, cheers buddy.

Mike, I think it's going to be the way forward, as per the conversation already.
                    Front hubs are almost off the car anyhow, and front legs out.
                    I'll make more contact later again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmac Terrorist View Post
                      You havent got rotas though have you Will.

And it's 4x4 so I'd rather they be all the same size all round so no diff profile tyres etc.

Think your right though longer wheels studs it is!!

Random question aswell.

Are you Will as in James's older brother will?
                      Yes mate, you will have to pop in for a brew?

Comment

I have 9 inch comps all round on mine and they are ET20, i had to cut the spring cups for them to fit, not a big deal. the rest of the suspension and brakes are standard as well. I put some pics up on one of my threads some time ago there may be more info on that thread, i will try and find it. The front tyres are 235/40 x 18 and 265/35 x 18 on the rear

Comment

The 235 tyre gives you that bit more grace tho Tony.
                          Toms are on 245's, the base of the cups would appear to have been fettled in the past, just unfortunate that it's not fettled enough for his now bigger wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelv View Post
                            The 235 tyre gives you that bit more grace tho Tony.
                            Toms are on 245's, the base of the cups would appear to have been fettled in the past, just unfortunate that it's not fettled enough for his now bigger wheels.
                            Fettle them some more and then post up pics of the required amount for other peeps to see what is need to be done .
                            Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

That looks awesome!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25...0820113406.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X