Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by all star 680 bhp View Post
    mark i no you use spec r coolers alot .

can you tell me what size of a spec r intercooler is needed for a cosworth track/ race car with 711 hp and also is there any need for the use of water injection with the spec r intercoolers .

thanks steven
    If you go for the 3.8inch one and the core is in clean air with no bumper in front of it I would expect no WI would be needed.

Mark

Comment

My WI became redundant when my cooler was fitted

http://<span style="font-size:20px">...g.co.uk</span>

Comment

Originally posted by mark shead View Post
        If you go for the 3.8inch one and the core is in clean air with no bumper in front of it I would expect no WI would be needed.

Mark
        mark pete talked about a 3.5 inch one today on the phone or a 4 inch but said to big is bad something to do with back preasure .

domanic has a intercooler custom made by a company here in northern ireland in tommy grahams rally x fiesta and the temps on it is only in the late teens i think i am right in saying , and no need of water injection .

its 33 inches wide includeing the ends x 14 inchs tall x 3.5 inches thick . i do not no the name of the core used.

thanks steven

Comment

Originally posted by jacko996 View Post
          My WI became redundant when my cooler was fitted
          thats good to no dave ,

thanks steven

Comment

Pete its brilliant to talk to, very helpful. I'm looking forward to taking mine there for the full hit

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
              why has Adams one taken 6 months then.

hopefully he can keep up with his workload.
              petes problem is he does the welding all himself and this slows it right down he needs to get a welder i told him this before i know its hard to find someone good,,, however i was meant to be having a phone call 2 weeks ago for booking in for tomorrow yet no call, rang last week twice with no answer... at a guess i think people call him desperate for stuff this week and he does it to be nice to help however this slows his other orders down that have been placed before. petes a nice guy however i know he comes on here or sees things like this i will be open and say i'll be calling him in the next day or so and i expect it going in in the next week i've had enough waiting now.... I have been patient as i had other things going on so i told him last year no rush he's told me about 3 times since he'll make arrangements to do mine and hasn't.... like i said not gonna slate the guy but he really needs to stop trying to fit everyone in and do things one by one and not take money until then! As he's had £400 off me from day one so its been sat in his account not mine since then...

Comment

Cannot fault his work, just the time it takes to supply items.

Hopefully he may take someone on temporary to clear the backload

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Davecos 4x4 View Post
                  Cannot fault his work, just the time it takes to supply items.

Hopefully he may take someone on temporary to clear the backload
                  he wont do that one weld out of place and they would be sacked
                  sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

well i spoke to pete today i will be dropping my car there this week sometime so should be done next week, he is just very busy but he really needs to get help its not physically healthy to carry on as he is... he'l either have to turn work away or get help or have a breakdown! that all said as said he is helpful and a nice bloke just needs to sort his current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by all star 680 bhp View Post
                      mark pete talked about a 3.5 inch one today on the phone or a 4 inch but said to big is bad something to do with back preasure .

domanic has a intercooler custom made by a company here in northern ireland in tommy grahams rally x fiesta and the temps on it is only in the late teens i think i am right in saying , and no need of water injection .

its 33 inches wide includeing the ends x 14 inchs tall x 3.5 inches thick . i do not no the name of the core used.

thanks steven
                      Why do you keep comparing cars that are running nearly 200bhp less than yours ?

A rally-cross car has a restrictor which limits power to a maximum of 540bhp, so an intercooler that does late teens on something like that is not comparable with your engine. Just fit what Pete suggests and don't consider anything else that is for lower spec cars .
                      Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Working...
                      X