help with upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with upgrade

hi all just after some advice as im not 100% on the next step, Basically my car is a large turbo model and im currently running greens,msd chip and standard intercooler.last year the engine was rebuilt using new shells high pressure oil pump,reground crank 0.5mm o/s pistons low comp with valve cut outs all ballanced up,the head is bolted down on group a gasket and new standard head bolts.The head has been ported and polished but still running standard cams.The question i ask is i want around 370-400bhp what should be upgraded to get to this?what fuel pump,injectors etc would you use or run?any advice would be great

fuel pump bosch 023 is good for 450 bhp that all i know sorry

Comment

haha you know more than me mateyany info is great

Comment

i would of thought your fuel pump would of been done ,plus i say rs 500 inter cooler

Comment

U should get a 023 or wallbro pump,new inject(greys?) maybe the greens will handle it but they would be close to 100 in duty.,rebuild your turbo whit 360 bearings etc,500 cooler,3" mongoose or other,then u got 400 whit a remap.And get new wires to the fuelpump.
          WWW.COSWORTHCLUBSWEDEN.SE
          www.jospeed.se

Comment

or instead of greys you could go for siemens with 55 or 73lbs injectors, a decent breather system aswell, and definitly a 023 fuel pump if it hasnt already been changed

Comment

i think it has a fse fuel pump? got exhaust,airfilter already.will the t34 be ok to fun that bhp or should i go up a level?t35,t38?

Comment

to get close to 400bhp you need new cams, new chip, i take it you have a T34/63 turbo, bigger injectors (like greys), uprated fuel pump, bigger intercooler to cope with the increase off heat and a better clutch/transmission to cope with it.

Might need other bits but that all i can think off at the moment

cheers
                dunc

ps i have 4 greys/kit for sale if you want them and they have only done about 2000 miles

Comment

T34/T35, mucho the same thing just depends how you want to name it, or how picky you want to be over its spec.

but a T34 will be fine upto 380bhp, even push onto 400 but you would be pushing it that hard that it will shorten its life span, so it would then depend on what you wanted to do budget wise. (if you choose to stick with T34 and go as far as possible, it will be probably best to go for a .63 housing if it doesnt already have so)
                  injector wise - there plenty of options, old school would be the greys, but these can also be mapped really well now, even on closed loop and give brilliant returns in mpg aswell as power, or the option of going over to the high impedace siemans injectors, that choice would be yours - but either route MSD could still cater with the suitable chip/map for you if you wanted to stay ith them.

you definatly need to confirm what fuel pump your running tho, or atleast have it flow tested to make sure its up to the job for the power figures your wanting to reach.

Comment

thanx guys ill be looking to make a start on it in feb,so brace yaselves for some more questions in the near future

dunc how much for the greys?

Comment

siting comfortably, and braced in anticipation

Dunc has the injectors up for £150 in the for sale room, which isnt bad atall!

Comment

fuel pump flow tested? how much does that cost and where does it?

Comment

ill do my best to explain this one Mark.

all the Bosch fuel pumps (and probably every other pump) will have an amount that they can flow.

for example if you look on Rainbirds site it will say next to the pump how many litres of fuel it can pump per hour, obviously different amounts are requied for different power levels - which is why we have to make sure we have a pump suitable for what we want.

now, any decent garage that you trust should be able to do it, or theres no reason why you cant do this yourself at home.
                          if you were to disconnect the fuel feed pipe from the fuel rail, or anywhere within the feed fuel line aslong as its after the fuel pump, then you can measure it.

if you had a suitable sized measuring jug, then turned on your ignition for exactly 60 seconds and let it pump the fuel into the jug, when you turn the ignition off after the 60 seconds you would then be able to clearly see the exact amount of fuel it can deliver, obviouly times the amount of fuel you have by 60 for an hour and you can then tell what its capable of delivering within that time scale.

another thing to also check, is that the pump is definatly getting a decent and steady 12volts

i really hope thats understandable

Edit to add:
                          you dont just want the pump to prime, you want it to pump/run as it would normally do when in use.

Comment

Cheers kelv, i understand that. I think I will try that at some point

Comment

I'd ditch the FSE/walbro pump If it was on my car TBH............

But then I have heard some tuners like them, its one of them topics that goes on and on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X