• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil coolers for road cars,worth it ?

Or not ?

The 400 club , built not bought

well worth fitting on a track car,

but for a road car its just another place to cause an oil leak which we all love

Comment

Not in this country I wouldn't of thought, not for the odd hot summers day that we get here once in a blue moon.

Comment

If you drive your car hard and its tuned then i'd say yes. I can still see oil temps of over 100C with my cooler fitted if i send the car on. Just get a thermostat take off, means the oil heats up as normal and the cooler only open at like 60/70C

Comment

Originally posted by Paul RS View Post
          If you drive your car hard and its tuned then i'd say yes. I can still see oil temps of over 100C with my cooler fitted if i send the car on. Just get a thermostat take off, means the oil heats up as normal and the cooler only open at like 60/70C
          100C is PERFECT temps for the oil to be at (for burning off condensation and impurities). I personally wouldn't fit an oil cooler to a car unless the oil temps REGULARLY achieved 120C or more. Ideal operating temps for the rally cars was 110C and modern oils such as Silkolene are even better now and safe to in excess of 130C.
          Mike Rainbird

Click above - Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

http://www.rsnorfolk.co.uk/

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rainbird View Post
            100C is PERFECT temps for the oil to be at (for burning off condensation and impurities). I personally wouldn't fit an oil cooler to a car unless the oil temps REGULARLY achieved 120C or more. Ideal operating temps for the rally cars was 110C and modern oils such as Silkolene are even better now and safe to in excess of 130C.
            that just says it all put my mind at rest now thanks mike
            sigpic

Built by my self dp motorsport 700.6bhp 520ftlb efr9180 2.4bar m.a.d mapped flat out is the only way

Comment

Working...
            X