Opinions Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Please!

I got some carbon bonnet vents from Mike at the start of the summer and ever since the crap underneath surface has been bugging me. There is lots of clear sellotape type stuff which is from the mould i guess and it is almost impossible to get off as the laquer has bonded to it, the more you pick at it the worse it gets.
    So heres my solution- heat reflective tape. Excuse the pics they are off my phone.
    What does everyone reckon? i think it looks spot on now im well happy.

sigpic

Pics don't work mate.

FletchCossie Sponsors Motoring On Dave

Comment

Sorry bloody photobucket

sigpic

Comment

Thing is these ain't cheap and if your buying this sort of thing you want your car to look good so why can't these things be finished properly in the 1st place
        sigpic
        MAD tuned, DP engine, 530 bhp 480 lbft, autronics, anti lag, EFR 7670,

Comment

Mine are like that aswell i just got used to it lol

www.infinity-racing.co.uk www.spec-r.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Cossie col View Post
            Thing is these ain't cheap and if your buying this sort of thing you want your car to look good so why can't these things be finished properly in the 1st place
            Exactly, the pics dont do it justice they look great now.
            sigpic

Comment

My spoiler kit was a bit like that on the inside in places. The first set I bought were a lot better quality to be honest. Not quite sure what's going on because as others have said they're not cheap so they should be well finished. Victims of their own success perhaps. I was going to buy one of those Wolf rear spoilers but changed my mind after I got these. They look good now I've got them on the car, but they were a real hassle to fit and the main spoiler particularly had all these flaky bits on it.

The foil looks quite good. Does that mean you've got nothing to cook you Sunday dinner chicken in now?
              Cheers
              Trev.

Comment

Dave with the tin foil on they look like they need wopping in the oven for 20 mins and season with cracked pepper and butter.

on the other hand i wouldn't want to look at that underneath finish so what i'd do is carefully rub it all down and if it would stand a laquering do that or otherwise with it all nice and smoove i'd satin black them and tbh i reckon i could mint them up no trub.

cheeRS

Comment

ive mucked on with things like that before for people and just rubbed problem areas smooth with relevant paper/ disc required and applied light coat of fine stonechip. as it dries dull and hides a lot- ideal for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by escosgaz View Post
                    ive mucked on with things like that before for people and just rubbed problem areas smooth with relevant paper/ disc required and applied light coat of fine stonechip. as it dries dull and hides a lot- ideal for stuff like this.
                    there yer go then.................. me and Gaz would do it the same .

to me to you to me to you

Comment

karl we wil be getting called the chuckle brothers next mate haha. . . to me to you, flash back memorys there, havent seen that for ages.

Comment

thats the reason i sold mine but if i was to get some now i would cover the under side in gold reflect it would take some time to put on but look better and also help to spot them melting from the heat from the turbo

Comment

that sellopthane type of stuff would be from a vac bag id say which has bonded with the resin hence it wont come off

there really shouldnt be anything like that at all on the part if the correct procedure is done using vac bags

Comment

they do look a shit finish dont they,id have given em a coat of paint or something but they look 10 times better with the foil on

Comment

Karl and Gaz yeah satin blacking them is a good idea as I don't know how much heat the tape can withstand before it will peel off
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X