X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Cosworths grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hi All

What a day i had yesterday.

Driving the cossie when the alternator belt decided to snap and somehow got caught under the water pump belt and take that off aswell.

Didnt really want to drive it home as no water passing round the turbo or engine and i was a good 5-6 miles from home. so waited for my dad to give me a toe home.

woudnt have minded but i aint used the car for two months

Only postive thing is i wasnt 60 miles from home.

Was supposed to be going battelsbridge sunday but wont have time to fix it now

I suppose its all part of cossie ownership lol
    sigpic

the joys eh?

Comment

Assuming your engine wasnt red hot already ,i reckon you could have made it home 5-6 miles without water pump or alternator
      sigpic
      BROKEN AGAIN

Comment

big job to change??

Comment

The alternator and water pump are on the same belt, replacing it shouldt take long

Comment

5min if you've done it before but I'm wondering about the two belts snapping? Has it got a 2wd set up?

Comment

For what the belts cost I'd look to replace them every 5yrs or so. Or atleast check them when the car is serviced.

Comment

Originally posted by Tore_TJ View Post
                5min if you've done it before but I'm wondering about the two belts snapping? Has it got a 2wd set up?
                Nope 4WD setup

Mate belive me you coudnt make it up. things like this always happens to me just things you woudnt belive lol

Never done one before so will take me about 15 hours.
                sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about the fact you should only have one belt It's quite easy mate so don't worry Just take your time

Comment

Originally posted by 99 JON View Post
                    Assuming your engine wasnt red hot already ,i reckon you could have made it home 5-6 miles without water pump or alternator
                    Yeah was hot was driving for about an 3/4 of an hour before it happened.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tore_TJ View Post
                      I was thinking about the fact you should only have one belt It's quite easy mate so don't worry Just take your time

Sorry my fault forgot to say that i have air con so that would be on the right hand side of the car (if we are looking at it face on with turbo on the left) so that would use the 2nd belt
                      sigpic

Comment

That explains it all

Comment

Fan belt versus engine blown. I know which one I'd choose! Count yourself lucky!!!

Scouse.

Comment

That could happen any car really but I do know where your coming from though cosworths

Comment

Working...
                            X