Anyone know much about Phone cabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know much about Phone cabling

Above my office (which my family own) we have a couple of rooms to rent and my wife is taking one as a treatment room, so I'm going to be the one to do it up for her. Over the years there have been a few companies up there inc an insurance assessors and a recruitment company both of which long gone. The issue thats come up is there are absolutely tons and tons of old phone cables, junction boxes and phone sockets all as far as I'm aware unused. in the middle of all this is our phone cable for my office below which is ancient and about 1.5-2cm thick! I seem to remember BT saying the reason we didn't have caller id in my office was because we had analogue phone lines

Ideally I want all the old cable removed and a new up to date thinner more discreet line fitted. Is this something I have to get BT to do? I don't even know where to start on it!

Ive had quite a bit of experience with telecoms i used to maintain the onboard telephone systems but i would need to see the cableing to give any advice withabitof luck there will be somone who can help who's nearer

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

also is the cable going to the building the same as the cable inside the building (ie your cable for the buisness) Also as far as far as im aware there is no such thing as analogue cable you can send upto 50 different phone calls down one cable at the same time(thats how broadband and phonecalls down the same line work ) so in my oppinion BT were talking shit if anything it's their exchange thats crap or the engineer can't be bothered i'd give them a ring and complain as you should be recieving caller id etc down south maybe not if you lived on the top of a mountain in scotland

OH FUCK WHAT WAS THAT NOISE

Comment

Working...
      X