seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seal

on the sandwich plate between the fly wheel and block there is a half moon shaped foam seal fitted to it that runs under the rear crank seal,has anyone renewed this as mines deteriorated and come unstuck with oil contamination,its only like a strip of foam but i presume it needs to be heatproof? has anyone used anything they can recommend?

Nick not sure it would work, but the MG engine has gaskets like you describe, used for sealing the front and back plates to the block and they were made from Cork, maybe the right size and thickness of cork could provide the gasket you need

Comment

dont think cork would work ben as the orig stuff is quite compressible,i think cork would be a bit too stiff if you know what i mean

Comment

ah ok, no help that and I can't offer anything else

Comment

ive just found some 3m type stuff in the garage which would prob do,i just dont know if it would be ok temp wise?

Comment

no real way to test it other than trying, presume you can't get it from Fords then?

Comment

nope anyway ive given it the blowlamp test and its as good as the stuff im removing so jobs a good un

Comment

great stuff, car back on track to being finished very soon then

Comment

just waiting on a few more bits

Comment

Working...
                  X