Which is the better?

Comment

Originally posted by gabis1 View Post
      Which type of oil sould I use?
      I m thinking motul 15W-50 or 20W-60.
      Which is the better?
      15W-50 grade is best.

Comment

I have silkoline 15w 50 as i bought a load when i had my other engine, tappets take a while to quieten down now from cold though which is a bit annoying! Might need to change them anyway but I am sure the viscosity doesn't help so might just drop it and run the 10w50
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by gabis1 View Post
          Which type of oil sould I use?
          I m thinking motul 15W-50 or 20W-60.
          Which is the better?
          Neither 10w50 Silkolene Pro S.

Comment

10w 40 oil ????

I know this goes against the grain a bit...but I use 10w 40 semi synthetic.When I took the car up to Mark Shead for some work he said its one of the quiest sounding cossy engines on idle he has heard.I never get any tappet noise even from cold (do have high pressure oil pump which helps) Mark said he recommends 10w 50 silkolene pro s but said you can use 10w 40. Im guessing that because of the high engine temps and being a performance car a fully synthetic is less likely to break down?? I change my oil and filter every 2k anyway...so 10w 40 helps keep the cost down.

Comment

Millers cfs 10w 60 here. Had no problems with it

Comment

I use silkolene 10 50. But it my old saff I used what ever I could put in it, mineral 10 40 from morrisons. £5 for 5 litre. And it ran like a dream

Comment

Originally posted by AJC View Post
                  I use silkolene 10 50. But it my old saff I used what ever I could put in it, mineral 10 40 from morrisons. £5 for 5 litre. And it ran like a dream

Comment

i use 5/40 which i belive is wot they are supposed to have in them

OLD FORDS DONT DIE, THEY BECOME CLASSIC

Comment

Working...
                    X