anyone done the skyline gearbox conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone done the skyline gearbox conversion

the type martin does, the pro and cons and what tunnel mods are needed as the cars about to go to the bodyshop so if i go this route i want to get the tunnel done now

cheers wenny
    sigpic

1/4 mile 9.52 @ 146mph so far

look at my resto im having the gearbox and already done the mods

but depends on what gearbox your using, i kinda went about mine the wrong way but its done now and strong

pros, std gearboxes can take 500bhp all day, plus rwd and 4wd ona switch, and the car will launch like a skyline, cheap to replace

cons, big and heavy and have to have tunnel mods, custom gearbox mounts, adaptor plates, plus spacer plates for flywheels, and different clutches, and front and rear props

Comment

Wenny with your car being so light, think I would have stuck with the Bara unless it broke.
      Dave had 600bhp in Yum with full trim, and his was alright apart from the uprated shaft.
      Defo would have give it a go..

Comment

if you do go with it, id look for a skyline gtr thats scrap and get the gearbox tunnel out of it and out that in, after i did mine my mate scrapped his gtr shell which really annoyed me as icould of done a much better job

Comment

Speak to Martin Wenny. Dont think the tunnel needs much modding, really strong boxes good option i recon.

Comment

I take it you want to go for the fully sequential box? Martin does a bellhousing that bolts straight on in that case best bet is to give him a bell

Comment

A bit heavy i should think.

Low Slung Denim.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmagedon View Post
                I take it you want to go for the fully sequential box? Martin does a bellhousing that bolts straight on in that case best bet is to give him a bell
                ye thats the on mate, ive looked on his site, ill give him a bell, just wonderd if any1 had done it, i wonder if marins is a fitted price
                i seen richys
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WENNY View Post
                  ye thats the on mate, ive looked on his site, ill give him a bell, just wonderd if any1 had done it, i wonder if marins is a fitted price
                  i seen richys

10 k fitted iirc
                  Cheers, Kev.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kjc300 View Post
                    10 k fitted iirc
                    that saves me 5 grand lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Would also be fun to have the 2wd / 4wd split switch, i think its rather good value to be honest but a little bit more weight,but with 680bhp dont think thats an issue! What would the ffd come in weight wise plus all the extra parts needed to run?

Comment

Originally posted by c20tbo View Post
                        Would also be fun to have the 2wd / 4wd split switch, i think its rather good value to be honest but a little bit more weight,but with 680bhp dont think thats an issue! What would the ffd come in weight wise plus all the extra parts needed to run?
                        im not sure on weight difference but would lkike to know what both kits weigh
                        sigpic

Comment

skyline box is proberbly 15-20kgs more than a std cossie box, i can just about lift it on my own and im tiny lol

Comment

Working...
                          X