Ambient temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient temp sensor

Hi, the ambient temperature function on my interior clock doesn't work and somebody told me there's a good chance
    its the sensor that sits behind the front bumper. Has anyone else had this issue, can you get a new sensor from Ford
    and if not has anyone got a working one they are willing to sell?
    Thanks in advance
    Matt

Interesting. I had my bumper cover off last weekend and wondered what the sensor was for. I was thinking engine management - the clock never occurred to me. Anyways, after searching on the part number, 85GB10K936-AB, I came across this. I don't think the plug is the same, but the sensor looks right. There is also one from Hong Kong on eBay for 10.99 GBP if you can trust such things.

Comment

because of where they are situated they can get water in the multiplug ,so might be worth a quick check and clean up first

Comment

Brilliant, thanks for the replies I will check the plug

Comment

Ok so it turns out that my sensor has died however VA Dreamer you are spot on, I bought the ford sensor you found for the Mondeo and it works a treat. Yes the plug is different but once you sort that out its no problem. So if anyone else's outside temp sensor has packed up this may well fix it

Comment

Good tip, cheers
            XYZ Fabrications
            Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

I have just identified that I need one of these for my clock as I currently don't have one.

Is this the mondeo one that can be retro fitted?
              Attached Files

Comment

that looks the same other than the plug, maybe you could hardwire it in

Comment

aftermarket one maybe worth a punt? chop the plug off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ambient-A...4AAOSwKqlbm7eO

Comment

Originally posted by The Radman View Post
                    aftermarket one maybe worth a punt? chop the plug off https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ambient-A...4AAOSwKqlbm7eO
                    I have ordered one, worth a punt as you say... I will post up if it works ok if anyone needs it in the future

Comment

Rather than start a new post on the same subject but here I am, now in 2022 with a similar question. My temp guage shows nothing for ambient temp so I suspect the sensor is broken or missing or the wiring is. I can see the part is 6142037 and thanks to this thread some units that will work if I cut the plug off my existing one but I am pretty sure I don't have one there. So three questions, where should it be, am I looking in the right place and then what plug should it have, any photos so I can look to harvest it from something else and finally, what is the actual part number, anyone know? Thanks in advance

Comment

its clipped into the underneath of the front cross member,if stood in front of car its on the right hand side,you will need to get right under and behind the bumper to see it though

Comment

Thanks for your reply, you were spot on, found it and the plug and have fitted the Mondeo one as others did - works a treat

Comment

Working...
                          X