Compressor for my garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Question - Compressor for my garage

I need a decent compressor for the garage. My little portable 25ltr jobbie just isn't up to much.

I've seen a couple that I reckon would be up to the job.

Anyone any experience of these two compressors or can steer me in the direction of something better/cheaper?

Thanks

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/se15...ir-compressor/

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clar...--xev16150-23/
    XYZ Fabrications
    Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

I purchased the 100 litre unit version last year, was going to go for the 150 litre but its massive and heavy, the 100 litre will be fine for pretty much anything. I would get a decent air regulator that can cope with higher c.f.m though as the ones you get from machine mart eBay etc are pants, you'll notice the difference straight away when using impact drivers, grinders as it won't stall.
    Mat

Comment

Do you get the vat free codes from machine mart Dave as you'll save a fortune, I'll check my emails as u can have it if u want.

Comment

Cheers for that Mat

So you think a 100 would be ok for an air grinder, probably 5-10 minute bursts?

I'm also thinking ahead for if I purchase a blast cabinet.

What do you use yours for?
        XYZ Fabrications
        Bespoke, custom and low batch quantity cnc profiling, engraving and fabriactions, 07917757695

Comment

Definately, mine is the se16c100, if you've got the space go for the 150 but it weighs a ton 66kg

Comment

Use mine for air tools, full face air fed mask, the higher the cfm the better, but most tools are around 13 anyway, any higher your talking truck impact drivers

Comment

Cool, sounds like I may have been going over board, I'll take a look at the 100's

Thanks mate
              XYZ Fabrications

Comment

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clar...-xev16100230v/
                this one is the equivalent of mine dave and it's got 2 cylinders which is a good thing as it will charge up quicker, it's also got a 2nd outlet which you can literally pipe straight to a high air usage device ( air blast cabinet) perfect for you mate, 3h.p motor so will need 20amp separate supply.
                Blimey I'm a secret air compressor nerd

Comment

Top job Mat, cheers
                  XYZ Fabrications

Comment

And if you could fire over that vat free code that would be splendid

Cheers
                    XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Dave I have the older version of the top one get the 150 ltr tank as you will soon use the air the bigger the better.

Comment

"Industry" type with possible 10bar, and as much air volum/capasitive as possible... Would considering a used "profesional" one, since they normaly last almost forever in hobby use, and known pro brand is most often easy to get parts for if/when something break...
                        www.sapphirerscosworth.com

Comment

Go for the best you can afford dave, if your planning on using a shot blast cabinet you will want at least a 150ltr tank, it will eat air like you wont belive. Look at a minimum of 14-16 cfm free air delivery, ignore the cfm displacement measurement, that's giving you the pumps performance only.

Belt drive is the one to go for if noise will be a problem, direct drive is noisy but cheaper, but the cheaper belt pumps are also noisy so check the db ratings also.

Clarke are a fairly good make, I use sealey personally as the pumps are better. but as said above get a very good Reg especially if your blasting.

Also consider where it's powered from as the initial start of the pump can trip or blow fuses, I ended up putting a 40 amp separate box and fuse running with 6.0mm cable in the end to stop the cutting out.

Comment

as above shot blasting hammers the air consumption i have a 200ltr machine mart great for everything but still kicks in loads when using shot blaster

Comment

Some great opinions/thoughts here guys, thanks.

Jeez, have you seen the size of 200 ltr compressors though?
                              XYZ Fabrications

Comment

Working...
                              X